Final rewirement

During the first few weeks of shelter-in-place, a collection of restaurants, fitness apps, and universities offered free and/or discounted services. I still had my college mindset, so I quickly took advantage of my extra time and these freebies. After surfing through SF Funcheap--my usual weekend activity planner-- I happened upon a coveted Yale course called The Science of Well-Being by Laurie Santos and decided to enroll and jump start my old studying habits.

The ten-week course is a mixture of videos, readings, and rewirements uncovering what we should be desiring and how we can reshape our misguided beliefs.. The weekly rewirements consist of a single exercise, like savoring or conducting random acts of kindness, based on the lectures of the course. I have entered the final four weeks of the class and felt it was time to share what was going on.

For the final weeks, Professor Santos wanted us to truly put our learning into actions. Therefore, our final challenge is to commit to a single rewirement activity for a 28-day period. Being the ambitious soul I am, I opted to select three challenges for my final assignment.

  1. Use my signature strengths
  2. Log in a daily gratitude journal
  3. Mediate at least 5-10 minutes each day.
To help track my progress and hold my self socially responsible, I've decided to share and track my experience through my blog. You'll see #finalrewirement tag on the posts related to my journey.  More details coming soon. Will you help me be honest with myself?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The fire within

So it comes to an end