Tag: show us your battle station

When I used to live in Texas, I had a lovely hour commute into the city to work. It was rough and grueling and called for some very long days. When I moved out here, I moved into a spot that was 10 minutes away, and last December, due to some unforeseen circumstances, I had to relocate. It was for the better because now, I'm five minutes away and have my own cute space. I promise. These details are important to the story...

Prior to all of this happening, I was able to do two mini weekends trips in the snowy weather of Denver and at the warm beaches of O'ahu. As I was flying back from the island, I sailed right into the shelter-in-place directive that went into effect Tuesday, March 17th at midnight.
First ski adventure in Breckenridge, CO

A hike to the coastline in Northeast O'ahu
Being from Texas (and a girl scout), I have the mindset to always be prepared. I had purchased the essentials between my trips and was ready to use the cookbooks on my shelf that were collecting dust. Yet, it failed to cross my mind that the office was going to close...

Let's jump back to the beginning. Remember, I am five minutes away from the office. My role is collaborative-based, so I am usually in conversations with my coworkers and "shouting" over our cubicle walls. I have the luxury of having two 24-in monitors, a sit-stand desk, an ergonomically setup chair and mouse and an awesome temperature controlled space. Secondly, I moved to my own little 450 sq ft cottage back in of December 2019. The space is a bit cozy, and the rent was much more than my previous space. I was in full minimalist mode after all the holiday shopping and kept my furniture purchases to a comfy mattress and couch. It made complete sense to me to be in the office where I had the ideal setup and the opportunity to efficiently work with my team.

Voila, this was my battle station during week one of the directive. Yup, that's the Breville box of my toaster oven and cookbooks to support my keyboard.
 I switched to standing-room only set-up after the first few days. It turned out working from your bed wasn't as all cracked up people said it would be. My lower back was hurting.

Luckily, a fellow coworker saved me and I'm officially working on poker-style table. Do you think I should get points for creativity?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The fire within

Final rewirement

So it comes to an end