Week 1

I did it! Well, sort of... I semi-mastered my first week of my final rewirements. My current job at my company is in lined with what a Scrum Master does. To lead by example, I've conducted a retrospective on myself.
  • What I did well: Intentionally, use one of my signature strengths each day. 
  • What I need to work on: jotting down what I'm thankful for each night. 
  • What I'm changing:  goal is to meditate at least four of the seven days for ten minutes. 

Day 1 - Tuesday, May 5th

I am thankful for 
  1. The support of my friend Olivia as we complete day 2 of The 7 Day Ab Challenge by Blogilates. Plank jacks for life.
  2. The generosity of my landlady as she dropped of the famous and hard-to-find brown sugar milk tea ice cream bars. (I am doing my best to savor each and every bar).
  3. Feedback from my boss knowing that I am a valued employee
  4. Being able to work out my path forward as I help a product line find its way in our company's transformation 
  5. The warm greetings from a neighborhood kitty (He (or she) straight-up sauntered over to me and demanded pets.)
Signature Strength : creativity
Use leftovers (food, stationary and such) to make new products. In honor of Cinco de mayo and the illustrious Taco Tuesday, I turned some smoked pulled pork into some festive tacos. Taco transformations was a skill I definitely honed in college.

Meditation
I am a beginner mediator and have been using Headspace to lead me through guided sessions. 

Day 2 - Wednesday, May 6th

I am thankful for

  1. Front-line grocery store workers keeping the stores cleaned and stocked so that I can make cheesecake for a friend's birthday
  2. After work chats with Rochelle
  3. Craig and Judy for putting up an umbrella at the outdoor table
  4. Kudos from Brian for RTE support
  5. Sweet potatoes from Maria to make a nice healthy dinner
Signature Strength: social intelligence
Watch a favorite TV/Movie on mute and write feelings observed. Started watching Never Had I Ever and watched the second episode on mute. Lots of emotions! 

Meditation: Using Headspace

Day 3 - Thursday, May 7th

I am thankful for

  1. Supportive group of girl friends who are very down for photo shoots
  2. More clarity on Platform Services - Training road map
  3. Sunny weather and beautiful golden hills of California, which allow for cute backdrops 
  4. Midnight pizza
  5. #729 tenant that didn't steal Olivia's chocolate 
Signature Strengthzest
Watch a sitcom or comedy film weekly. Prescription for Love: A Cinderella Story on Amazon Prime Video, while eating pizza and looking at photos from a photo shoot.

Day 4 - Friday, May 8th

I am thankful for

  1. An afternoon of girl talk and sushi and tea
  2. Super clean cars and open dealerships
  3. When timing works out semi-well
  4. Being able to support local eats (sushi love)
  5. Warm weather that is perfect for dress season
Signature Strength: love.
Engage in a favorite activity. Explored our love of Korean food and cooked Korean Ground Beef. Not sure if it was us or not, but the beef was a tad dry.

Meditation: 10 minutes at the dealership! 

Day 5 - Saturday, May 9th

I am thankful for

  1. Insightful documentaries (my latest binge-worthy show is Extraordinary Homes) on Netflix
  2. Front-line workers at Wendy's
  3. Co-workers that feed me well
  4. A good memory that allows me to quickly whip up a batch of fries
  5. Being treated with love and respect
Signature Strengthlove
Cook a nice meal for loved ones. Experimented with a Japanese Cheesecake recipe for a Mother's Day treat.

Day 6 - Sunday, May 10th

I am thankful for

  1. Cozy mornings on the couch
  2. Leftover pizza for quick and filling lunch
  3. Ability to do a 5k through the neighborhood
  4. Trying a new Taiwanese popcorn recipe 
  5. My mama and all that she does <3 
Signature Strengthzest
Call an old friend and reminisce good old times. Vanderbilt 309 Sunday Funday: what is a wok. June hours. Boba 101 lessons.

Meditation: 10 minute session.

Day 7 - Monday, May 11th

I am thankful for

  1. Being able to take a nice walk before the rain came in
  2. Also, rainy days (We don't get much of it out here especially since summer is approaching.)
  3. Meeting-ful, yet productive work days
  4. A SharePoint Admin that understands what we want
  5. Blogilates 7-day challenges. Helping me get my body pumping. 
Signature Strengthcreativity
Do at least one assignment weekly in a different and creative manner. Learning to incorporate storytelling in my teaching!

Meditation: 10 minute session.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The fire within

Final rewirement

So it comes to an end